Delivery time approx.2 weeks
The new Ideon Audio IΩN DAC + preamp: the reference front end
The breakthrough technology of the Absolute series
Rediscover your music.The Ideon Audio IΩN (ION) DAC, with optional analog preamp, leverages trickle-down technologies and R&D gleaned from our extensive work on our flagship Absolute Epsilon DAC.
Most of the innovations and designs of the Epsilon DAC can be found in the IΩN in its own magnitude.As with all Ideon products, the IΩN DAC is a fully proprietary design with audio technologies developed in-house.
A bespoke, handcrafted product that incorporates an innovative combination of high-performance design features and premium quality components.
HyperStream, 8-channel architecture with proprietary state-of-the-art analog stage
High output impedance at -120 dB SNR, quadruple current output from DAC
State-of-the-art analog stage with symmetrical, extremely low-noise power supply - in a unique topology.
Ultra-low-noise power supply, more than 10 different separate power regulators in the circuit.
Direct-coupled output with no capacitors in the output stage.Fully symmetrical in-house design throughout.The sonic result redefines the potential of digital audio reproduction, bringing you straight to the heart of the music with a breathtaking sense of naturalness and presence.
Proprietary USB input with triple distillation: noise reduction
Designed and developed in-house, the Ideon Audio Triple Distillation USB input consists of a proprietary three-stage noise reduction circuit that eliminates digital noise from the input signal.We have now transferred our experience from the production of the Absolute Espislon DAC to the IΩN.Figuratively speaking, we have declared war on linear and non-linear distortion and noise!
Clock Oscillators: phase the music
Like the flagship Absolute epsilon DAC, the IΩN uses three premium femto clocks with ultra-low jitter and ultra-low phase noise in a no-compromise architecture; the precision and the resulting phase accuracy of the signal are guaranteed.
Each clock has its own dedicated power line.
The principle of the balanced analog output
The balanced output of the in-house developed IΩN DAC features balanced analog output channels with no capacitors in the signal path and dedicated power supplies in a unique topology.
The output energy and power can power virtually any load!
Modular design for future upgrades
The IΩN DAC, like most Ideon products, was designed with future upgrades in mind.
Its modular design allows for future upgrades of different parts of the device if and when a new technology becomes available or a new format prevails.
The analog preamp section
The IΩN is also offered with an optional analog preamp built into the DAC called the IΩN+.
The preamp is also an in-house development with software-controlled analogue potentiometers.It's a purist design that ensures transparent performance, virtually zero signal path, very low noise, extremely low harmonic distortion levels, and great dynamics.
Ideon's ultra-low-noise power supply
The multi-stage power reservoir of IΩN consists of 10 extremely low-noise power supplies and individual control stages.
The importance of a stable, rich and clean power supply is always emphasized in audio circles, but at Ideon Audio we take it a step further: we use as many separate stages as necessary to achieve unparalleled clarity and linearity .
We use top-class components: state-of-the-art regulators with extremely low tolerances and audio-quality capacitors (ELNA Silmic II) with silk-fibre plate separators specially developed for audio applications.
These components feature a higher propagation speed and a low ESR value*, resulting in a smoother sound without loss of detail.
- State-of-the-art analog stage with balanced, ultra-low-noise power supply - a unique topology not found in any other DAC.
- High output impedance at -120dB SNR, quad current output from DAC.
- Two noise-free active bridges - an innovative design that reduces rectification noise to zero - another proprietary technology not offered by other DAC brands.
- Specially designed, bespoke extreme core transformer.
- Upgradable DAC and USB input module.
- New, specially developed software for the ESS 9028PRO DAC chip (like the Absolute E DAC).The upgradeable chip firmware is developed by Ideon Audio in close cooperation with ESS.
- Native support and playback for all DSD and PCM formats/frequency rates
- Proprietary USB input with triple distillation: noise reduction.The Ideon Audio Triple Distillation USB input (like the Absolute's Ε DAC) is a proprietary three-stage noise reduction circuit that eliminates digital noise from the input signal.We've declared war on linear and non-linear distortion and noise!
- New audio USB codec: ESS ES9080APRO (also in the Absolute ε DAC) used in our USB input module.A proprietary design used in our DAC.It is the latest state-of-the-art technology, with new codes that meet today's standards versus similar 10 year old chips/technology that are most commonly used.Working closely with ESS, proprietary firmware was developed specifically for our USB input engine to implement our design principles.The result is amazing: virtually no jitter, extremely low noise, super-fast processing, and exceptional, natural sound quality.
- A customized USB Audio 2.0 audio driver designed for Windows.It is optimized for low latency and low CPU load.The buffer depth can be adjusted to optimize the settings for any given computer.The driver implements transparent (bit-perfect) rendering.
IΩN+ preamp section
- Fully symmetrical design in-house.
- Own, extremely low-noise, linear power supply.
- Two balanced inputs
- Gain range from -111.5 dB to +15.5 dB
- Dynamic range 121 dB configuration
- 0.0002% THD in balanced mono configuration
- TECHNICAL DATA
- IΩN DAC
- SUPPORTED FORMATS (INPUT DEPENDENT) 44.1kHz to 384kHz PCM up to 32 bit, Native DSD (up to 8X DSD)
- DIGITAL INPUTS 3x expanded isolated input module slots (USB, BNC, RCA)
- XLR BALANCED OUTPUTS 8.4Vrms at 0dB
- RCA OUTPUTS RCA OUTPUTS 4.2Vrms at 0dB
- THD (A-weighted 20HZ-20KHZ) <- 110dB on all outputs
- CHANNEL SPACING >130dB on all outputs
- SNR (A WEIGHTED 20HZ-20KHZ) >122dB on all outputs
- DYNAMIC RANGE 20HZ TO 20KHZ 135 dB (FS) .132dB (AFS)
- DISPLAY Proprietary discrete LED audio clock sync display
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) 460 x 300 x 90 mm (18.1 x 11.8 x 3.5 in)
- WEIGHT 13kg (~28 lbs)
SUPPORTED FORMATS (INPUT DEPENDENT)
|44.1kHz to 384kHz PCM up to 32 bits , Native DSD (up to 8X DSD)|
|DIGITAL INPUTS||3x Advanced isolated input module slots (USB, BNC, RCA)|
|XLR BALANCED OUTPUTS||8.4Vrms at 0dB|
|RCA OUTPUTS||RCA OUTPUTS 4.2Vrms at 0dB|
|THD (A WEIGHTED 20HZ-20KHZ)||< – 110dB on all outputs|
|CHANNEL SEPARATION||>130dB on all outputs|
|SNR (A WEIGHTED 20HZ-20KHZ)||>122dB on all outputs|
|DYNAMIC RANGE||20HZ TO 20KHZ 135dB (FS) .132dB (AFS)|
|DISPLAY||Custom discrete LED audio clock synchronous display|
|DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)||460 x 300 x 90mm (18th1 x 118x35 in)|
|WEIGHT||13kg (~28 lbs)|