Headphone amplifier and USB DAC (2x SABRE32 ES9038Q2M)
The best DAC / headphone amplifier / preamplifier
To be the best of its time. This has been the sole design goal of every Burson Conductor since 2007. The C3 Reference was built for 3 years and leaves the competition behind.
The SABER32 / ESS9038Q2M DAC and XMOS USB receiver chips are the most advanced and expensive in the industry. Two ESS9038 DAC chips are built into our C3 Reference and the USB receiver comes with a tailor-made driver from Thesycon, Germany. The result is unmatched processing power that perfectly reproduces DSD512 and 38bit / 786khz audio. The C3 Reference also has a Qualcomm / CSR8675 [+] Bluetooth 5.0 receiver with aptX HD audio codec. This raises Bluetooth playback beyond CD quality and ease of use to the highest level.
Maximum power x5
The Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) [+ ] increases the voltage frequency from 50Hz to 170kHz and thus exceeds the human hearing. Its low impedance ensures abundant and instant power for the output transistors. The C3 Reference uses 5 sets of MCPS: This means that the display / functionality, DAC, left analog and right analog are all supplied separately.
The "Cool Case"
Let's face it, most audio equipment enclosures are ugly and impractical. They usually have screws that are visible everywhere, sharp corners, and dull colors. Class A amplifiers even have finger-cutting heat sinks! They diminish the aesthetics of any living space, especially on modern desks, where all other electronics are sleek and sophisticated.
Made of high-density aluminum and galvanically coated in space gray. The Cool Case [+] only has 4 visible screws under its belly. It is also a uniform heat sink that is 300% more efficient than previous conductors. It is an audio gem at its finest and it looks very cool and also plays that way.
The completely new OLED screen and the interface program ensure a calming and intuitive user experience. The milled, solid aluminum button offers the finest control and feels luxurious.
The first and deepest impression of the C3 Reference is its overwhelming energy. It enlivens every note and the space in between, brings absolute control and accuracy. Drum kicks are hard and crisp, while the endings are sustained and full of micro-details. While listening to "Masquerade" from "Phantom of the Opera" one can easily locate the individual performers and follow them as they move around the wide and deep stage. Kathy's Song by Eva Cassidy. Her voice shines like the sun. Warm, golden and forever beautiful. The C3 Reference is a time machine. Drive with it to experience these ingenious creations of beauty again and again.
- 7.5W SE PC
- 40 KOhms
- Frequency response: ± 1 dB 0 - 58Khz
- THD: <0.0015% USB Cable
- Output impedance (headphone amp): 0.5 Ohm
- Output impedance (Pre Out / DAC Out): 1 Ohm / 25 Ohm
- Inputs: 2 x RCA line-level input, USB, Optical Toslink, BlueTooth 5.0, microphone
- Outputs: 1 x RCA Pre Amp, 1 X Line Level DAC Out, 2 x 6.3mm Headphone Jack
- Channel separation: 142 dB @ 1KHz, 135 dB @ 20KHz
- THD + N: 0.0005% @ 1KHz, 0dBFS D
- COAX & Toslink / SPDIF: up to 24bit 192K
- PCM Support: PCM ≤ 768kHz @ 16, 24 or 32bits
- DSD over PCM: DoP64 / DoP128 / DoP256 / Dop512
- Native DSD: Native DSD 64/128/256/512
- Bluetooth Input Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD (Qualcomm CSR8675)
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 Mac OSX
- iOS *, Android (OTG support)
- Dimensions: 255mm x 270mm x 70mm
Scope of delivery
- Conductor V3 Reference (R-180)
- Remote control
- Power supply 24V
- USB-C cable
ReviewsMini Sound Wonder Review