Delivery time approx. 2-3 weeks.
WANDLA by Ferrum - The converter
Ferrum has set itself the task of developing groundbreaking products. With WANDLA we are making a statement for today's and next generation of music lovers.
WANDLA represents the future standard of high-end digital-to-analog conversion. Think of WANDLA like a Formula 1 racing car: Like the Formula 1 engineering team that builds the best racing car, Ferrum has the best engine for Wandla. We rebuilt our ARM chip to do the work of five chips and we took the ESS Saber DAC chip to the next level with our new current-to-voltage converter!
With our slim Optics we have a sense of aerodynamics for the living room. The addition of our unique digital filters allows end users to customize their DACs to their specific sonic needs. We call this DDF, short for Dynamic Digital Filtering.
WANDLA is the best your money can buy, the most musical and bespoke DAC for today and tomorrow. From CD to streaming, from MP3 to Super HiRes, from classic to hard rock.
WANDLA can be upgraded with HYPSOS and is the perfect companion for OOR.
Technical data Ferrum WANDLA DAC/PREAMP
- Operation: Fully balanced proprietary IC power amplifier
- DAC chip: ESS Saber ES9038PRO
- DAC resolution: 768k/32bit, DSD 256
- Digital inputs: - AES/EBU (up to 196kHz/24bit, DoP 64)
- Optical S/PDIF (up to 96kHz/24bit)
- Coaxial S/PDIF (up to 192kHz/24bit, DoP 64)
- USB-C (up to 768kHz/32bit, DSD 256)
- ARC (up to 192kHz/24bit), TV input with CEC
- I2S (up to 768kHz/32bit, DSD 256), PS Audio® compatible
- MQA: Decoder and Renderer (for all digital inputs)
- Analog inputs: RCA
- Analog input Vmax: 9.5V RMS (2 - 3.5V RMS recommended)
- Analog input Imp: 47kΩ
- Line outputs: balanced XLR; unbalanced RCA
- Volume control: analogue with bypass option / digital only for DAC operation
- Output level: @0dBFS, 1kHz sine wave 9.3V RMS balanced, 4.65V RMS unbalanced
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 200kHz +/- 0.1dB analog inputs
- DAC THD: -121dB (0.00009%); THD+N: -115dB (unweighted)
- Analog input THD: -123dB @ 2V RMS output level
- dyn. Analog range: 127dB (A-weighted)
- dyn. -Range digital: 122dB (A-weighted)
- Crosstalk: -120dB for 1kHz, better than -100dB for 20Hz -20kHz
- Output impedance: 22Ω unbalanced
- Output impedance: 44Ω balanced
- Power consumption: 10W idle / 15W max
- Power inputs: 5.5/2.5 mm DC connector, center positive
- FPL proprietary 4-pin direct current (FPL) 22-30VDC connector
- Power adapter: 100-240VAC to 24VDC
- Dimensions: 21.7 x 20.6 x 5 cm
- (WxDxH) 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0 inches
- Weight: 1.8kg / 3. 97 lbs
Tomorrow's high-end audio today
As a modern DAC, the WANDLA points the way to tomorrow's high end at today's price level, because WANDLA offers top audio quality at an unprecedented price.
Fine tuned DA conversion
WANDLA is the embodiment of Ferrum's digital know-how and the analog audio and electronic technology developed in-house. The ESS Saber ES9038PRO Current-to-Voltage (I/V) Converter is fine-tuned to achieve its maximum performance.
Optimized ARM chip
The optimized ARM chip offers the shortest possible signal path and eliminates the need for 5 chips. Contains MQA decoder/renderer and digital filter selection
Dynamic digital filtering
WANDLA offers a standard selection of seven ESS digital filters and, as a world first, lets the audience choose the best of a total of eight WANDLA filters, which from the renowned filter manufacturer HQ Player for Ferrum were developed.
Optimized digital inputs
Specially programmed USB and tuned coaxial and optical S/PDIF, HDMI and I2S ports optimized for audio.
Proprietary Gain - Fully balanced modified IC preamp.
Truly balanced - the signal path remains truly balanced via the XLR inputs and becomes truly balanced via the RCA inputs.
Ease of use
Newly developed high-resolution touch screen with intuitive user interface.
The entire design is geared towards a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listener fatigue a thing of the past.
Specially developed for HYPSOS
Although WANDLA performs very well right out of the box, it is designed to perform even more when used in conjunction with HYPSOS. By using the proprietary Ferrum Power Link (FPL) connection, both components achieve their maximum performance.
and unleash an unexpected musicality.