Open box deal incl. Vishnu Leather Case in blue or gray.1x immediately available.
TSURANAGI Portable Amplifier was designed as a testing device for the development of Brise Audio's high-end headphone cable and high-end portable line cable (mini-mini cable) to create an ideal portable audio environment.
Brise Audio cables are used for the internal wiring, and the electromagnetic wave absorbing shielding material and CNT (carbon nanotubes) used in our high-end cables such as MURAKUMO and YATONO are installed on the board to further improve the sound quality.
"It's a better amplifier for me than the Cayin C9 or the Chord Hugo 2."
"The Brise Tsuranagi is the best portable IEM amp I have ever heard. It is just incredible, and no matter what I throw at it, it's simply breathtakingly good. I find myself excited to use it, rushing home to plug it in. Isn't that what this hobby is all about? Being transported to another plane, being completely enveloped in your music, permanently emblazoning a smile that reaches ear to ear."
- Absolutely stunning sound
- Enhances realism, dynamics, resolution, staging, extension, positioning and timbre
- Insanely musical but neutral
- Small footprint and very light
- Brise house sound is incredible
- Portable amplifier with analog input and output for earphones and headphones
- Balanced input/output
- Balanced output for unbalanced input signals
- Pentaconn 4.4mm connector
- Input: balanced/unbalanced (5-pin 4.4mm + 3-pin 3.5mm)
- Output: balanced (5-pin 4.4mm + 4-pin 2.5mm)
- Equipped with high quality electronic volume IC MUSES72320
- High input impedance and high common mode noise rejection through low-noise differential line receiver
- Unbalanced-balanced conversion by low-noise, fully differential operational amplifier
- Low distortion current feedback amplifier for driving headphones
- Dual power supply and DC servo eliminate input and output coupling capacitors.
- Charging via USB type C
- Continuous playback time of approx. 8 hours (depending on your environment)
In response to the recent increase in the number of playback devices with balanced LINE OUTs and balanced drive for headphones and earphones, Brise Audio has developed a portable amplifier with ideal balanced input/output for the development of mini-mini cables and re -Cables developed.
To enable connection to conventional playback devices, there is also an unbalanced 3-pin 3.5mm input, which is internally converted to a high-precision balanced signal before being output.
Both 5-pin 4.4mm and 4-pin 2.5mm connectors are available as outputs. The design is based on low distortion and low noise, with the aim of reproducing all information from the source.
Low performance of any of the circuits, from input to output, results in poor overall performance, so low-distortion and low-noise circuits and components are used in all signal processing circuits.
The high input impedance of 1 MΩ also minimizes the distortion at the output of the upstream player.
A differential line receiver precisely converts the balanced signal to unbalanced to eliminate extraneous noise and ensure clean playback even in noisy outdoor environments.
The amplifier's central composite amplifier performs unbalanced-to-balanced conversion and current amplification simultaneously.
Distortion is further reduced by including a current feedback amplifier in the feedback loop of all differential op amps.
The power supply circuit uses ultra-low noise and ultra-high PSRR regulators, and powers each channel independently.
A six-layer board is used to eliminate common impedance and improve signal quality in terms of layout.
As with the development of our cables, TSURANAGI pays attention to high sound performance, a large bandwidth, no sound distortion and a low background noise.
Moreover, we construct our cables with the aim of minimizing the impact of the external environment and extracting as much performance as possible from the devices, both in terms of sound quality and performance.
TSURANAGI is a reference for our cable development environment and we have tried to design an amplifier that does not compromise the performance and sound quality of the cable. Cables are also designed not to become bottlenecks in the plant, so we want to raise the bar even higher internally.
Innovations & Highlights
Amplifier innovations include an amplifier bandwidth of 2Hz to 200kHz to ensure flat response in the 20Hz to 20kHz audible range.
The differential DC servo amplifier detects the differential DC current of the balanced output and feeds it back to all differential op amps, so the offset is zero.
This reduces the DC offset of the output to +/-50 µV and eliminates the need for coupling capacitors on the input side.The OPAMPs used in the DC servo amplifiers are also extremely high-performance, low-noise products to ensure that the sound quality is not compromised.
In the unlikely event that a DC offset occurs, the onboard microcontroller will detect this and protect the headphones.
All power supply decoupling capacitors in the signal processing circuits use film capacitors and conductive polymer aluminum capacitors.
For sound quality, all components are carefully checked and used without regard to cost.
Uncompromising power supply
Independent power supply circuits are built in to ensure thorough separation of L channel and R channel and provide a margin of power supply capacity.
The switching regulator and linear regulator alone have a current capacity that goes up to the maximum power rating of the amplifier. In addition, the controllers are supplied independently of one another, so that they can also follow an instantaneous current consumption.
Both power supplies are generated from the battery voltage with the help of switching regulators, which are designed for very low noise thanks to a switching frequency of 2 MHz and large output capacitors for switching regulators.
The purpose of generating both power supplies is to eliminate coupling capacitors on the output side and allow for low-distortion operation due to the high supply voltage.
Op amps are typically run at +/- 15V, but since the power loss is not negligible when the voltage is boosted to that level, +/- 9.3V was used to estimate the lifetime to ensure the battery
In the stage after the switching regulator, an ultra-high-performance linear regulator is provided, which thoroughly removes the residual switching noise and ensures low-noise playback.
These linear regulators are capable of removing noise down to the high frequency bandwidth, reliably eliminating even 2MHz switching noise.
Two of the six layers are used for power, with positive and negative layers separated and a GND layer in between to avoid interference.
As with the power supply, the GND wiring is also wired on one level to reduce the impedance, while the signal GND and the power GND are not only between the channels but also within the channels up to are separated to the point where they cross at a single point to ensure thorough separation.
The GND is grounded to the aluminum chassis at a single point, eliminating GND loops and suppressing external EMI.
- Unbalanced, Balanced
- Input terminal 3-pin 3.5mm 5-pin 4.4mm (GND connection)
- Output terminal - 5-pin 4.4mm (GND connection) / 4-pin 2.5mm
- Voltage amplification (volume max.) 10.5dB
- Maximum input (volume max.) 1.5Vrms (2.1Vpeak)
- Frequency response (-3 dB) 2 Hz - 200 kHz
- Recommended load impedance 16 Ω or more (audio test required if less than 16 Ω)
- Maximum output power (16 ohms, THD+N < 0.01%) 700 mW + 700 mW
- Maximum output power (32 ohms, THD+N<0.01%) 1000mW + 1000mW
- Maximum output power (300 ohms, THD+N<0.01%) 100mW + 100mW
- "THD+N (BW=20kHz, 1Vrms output, 16ohm)" ＜ 0.005%.
- "THD+N (BW=20kHz, 1Vrms output,300ohm)" < 0.002%.
- "THD+N (BW=20kHz, 3.4Vrms output, 300ohm)" ＜ 0.0007%.
- Crosstalk (20Hz-20kHz)＜-100dB
- Battery life 8 h
- Dimensions (W x H x D), excluding protrusions 80mm x 30mm x 120mm
- USB Type-C charging port
- Battery capacity 7.4V 2800mAh
- Charging time <5h (with 5V 2A AC adapter)
- Weight 360g